Top 5 Homemade Body Scrub Recipes
What we tend to forget is that skin care starts from home. The fifteen minutes you spend every day in the bathroom is enough to get back the lost lustre and glow to your skin. Just using a homemade body scrub feels wonderful, and has many benefits for your skin and health. These homemade recipes for body scrub are the most cost effective option for beautiful skin.
The Best Body Scrub Recipes
1. Salt Scrub:
- Fine granulated sea or mineral salt is mixed with a moisturizing oil and, if you’re lucky, essential oils or herbs.
2. Almond Anti-Cellulite Scrub:
- Ingredients: ½ cup Sea Salt, ¼ tsp pure Almond extract, ½ cup of Coffee grounds, ½ cup coarse Brown Sugar, ½ cup sweet Almond Oil.
- Take a glass bowl and mix together all the ingredients. You can add more oil, salt or sugar depending on the consistency you need.
- You can even add more almond extract if you desire to get a strong almond scent. Once mixed, store it in refrigerator in a glass or a plastic bottle with a lid.
3. Body Scrub Recipe:
- Ingredients: 1/2 teaspoon beeswax, 1 teaspoon castor oil, 1/2 teaspoon apricot kernel oil, 1 tablespoon sea salt, 1 tablespoon almond meal and 1 1/2 tablespoon shampoo base.
- First melt the beeswax, castor oil, and apricot kernel oil together. Mix well. Remove from heat. Add sea salt and ground almonds. Finally, stir in the baby shampoo and there you have it.
4. Coffee Body Scrub:
- Ingredients: ½ cup turbinado Raw Sugar, 3 tbsp Olive Oil and 2 cups of coarse ground Coffee.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Take a warm shower or bath to open your pores and let your skin get hydrated.
- Once out of bath, rub the coffee mixture on your skin in large circles with firm and even pressure. Shower to rinse the scrub mixture and pat to dry the body. Apply unscented body lotion or light vegetable oil after patting the body dry.
5. Sugar Scrub:
- Same as salt scrub above, only using sugar instead of salt. Sugar may be mixed with a lotion or cream rather than a carrier oil.
These body scrub recipes will provide access to a more beautiful and glowing skin. If you have allergies, make sure you don’t put anything on your skin that you wouldn’t put in your mouth.