The Great Mineral Makeup for Sensitive Skin
In spite of the fact that mineral makeup constitutes a healthy alternative to chemical laden traditional foundations, keep in mind that not all products are created equal. Mineral makeup is a great choice for sensitive skin, but with all the brands and formulations out there, choosing the right type can be confusing.
When it comes to sensitive skin, it should come as no surprise that even the most expensive makeup might not have what it takes to give you that healthy glow or those popping eyes. The article below contains information on the benefits, considerations and types of mineral make-up so you can make an informed choice that will leave your skin beautiful and without irritation.
The Best Mineral Makeup for Sensitive Skin
- Mineral make-up is generally formulated with natural and finely ground minerals such as zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. But what is more important is what mineral make-up is made without: fillers, preservatives, dyes, fragrances and chemicals.
- Mineral makeup is wonderful for women of all skin types. If you have oily skin, using a powdered, oil free form of foundation is just what you need. If you have dry skin the zinc oxide in most formulations is soothing and the minerals protect the skin from a drying environment.
- Many mineral makeup formulations provide comparable coverage to traditional makeup, made with chemicals, fillers and binders. Quality does not have to be compromised for those with sensitive or acne-prone skin. Mineral makeup is non-comedogenic, meaning it will not exacerbate acne or clog pores.
- The best type of mineral make-up depends upon your skin type, coverage needs, desired ingredients and price range. There are multiple formulations (including liquid, loose powder and pressed powder) and brands on the market.
- Most Mineral make up is delivered to you without any harmful preservatives or fragrance (be sure to check the label!) that actually cause many women to breakout with an allergic reaction. In fact, some think that preservatives and fragrance in make up may cause over half of the skin problems women must deal with.
- Liquid mineral makeup is a great option for those that like the texture and consistency of traditional liquid makeup. These formulations are great for drier skin and provide a soft, natural looking finish. Many liquid mineral formulations are water-based and boost the skin with vitamins, antioxidants and mineral pigments.
- Zinc Oxide, found in mineral make up, (once again check the label) is regularly used by dermatologist when treating patients with rosacea because of its incredible results. It is also a natural sunscreen.
Mineral makeup also contains light refracting properties that can give you an airbrushed look and minimizes pores if applied correctly and gives the wearer a more natural appearance.