The Best Holiday Makeup Tips for 2011
Regardless of the event you are attending, you do not have to worry about your holiday makeup. Whether you are looking for something discreet or bold yet showing signs of sophistication, many options are out there for you to choose from. Looking at a couple of ideas you will get a sweet, flawless look or even an intense sparkling effect and not giving the felling that you are working for it.
Winter is the perfect season for evening events that require special makeup looks. Women usually want to impress relatives and friends with a new sophisticated look for the holidays. However, as sometimes one can exaggerate, you should better stick to something more simple, such as a daytime makeup that you can easily transform into an evening one. You just have to follow a few quick and easy holiday makeup tips and get ready to shine.
The Perfect Holiday Makeup Tips
- Apply a small amount Champagne Silk Eye Gloss to the entire lid, lash line to brow. Blend well with the ring finger. Allow to dry for a few seconds.
- Use the Eye Contour Brush to apply Champagne Pure Pressed Eyeshadow into the crease, using a windshield wiper motion.
- With the Small Fluff Brush, apply Taupe Pure Pressed Eyeshadow to the outer corner of the eye, wrapping it around under the lower lashes.
- Create a color wash with Champagne 24-Karat Gold Dust: tap some into the lid and spritz with your favorite Hydration Spray. Use your finger or the Deluxe Shader Brush to press it into the entire eyelid. Use the Detail Brush to tightly line the lower lash line, being sure to keep some of the Taupe visible.
- Tight-line the upper lash line with Basic Brown Pencil. You may wish to use the Detail Brush (I always do!) to really wiggle the color into the lash line. This shouldn’t really show as “eyeliner” but rather as definition. Keep it tight to the lashes and soft.
- Add shimmer anywhere you want by applying 24-Karat Gold Dust dry, with a White Fan Brush. Places to consider are the cheek bones, brow bones, collar bones, earlobes, etc.
- Finish with a coat of Pure-lash Extender & Conditioner on top and bottom lashes; then several coats of Jet Black Pure-lash Lengthening Mascara.
- Complete your look with Mimosa Pure-gloss. For added pout, dab 24-Karat Gold Dust in the center of the bottom lip.
Seeing as how most events are in special locations and the evening, you may utilize sparkling makeup. Nothing screams holidays like silver and gold. These are great choices for a glamorized look. Try these easy makeup tips for a daring effect. Just remember to make the rest of your makeup natural and simple.