How to Get Soft and Smooth Pretty Feet at Home
One of the most active parts of our body, our feet are the most exposed to wear and tear, which takes a toll on their appearance as well as softness. While we take ample care to maintain the other parts of our body and keep them looking beautiful, feet remain mostly ignored. Taking regular care of your feet is very important, if you want them to look smooth and lovely.
Take out some time from your busy routine and follow these steps to get an instant results. Your pretty feet are not to hide under cover instead they should be flaunt and show off. If you think you can not afford to have a professional pedicure in a nail salon, treat yourself to one at home. You don’t need to book an expensive salon appointment to get the perfect pedicure. So go ahead get ready to do your own pedicure.
- Take 2 tbsp sugar in one hand and then add about 1 tbsp olive oil or any baby oil to it. You can take more oil if you want.
- Rub both the palms together, to mix the ingredients in your hands. Now, start giving gentle massage to your feet, for about 2 minutes, with the mixture. If your feet are rough, you may massage for a longer time.
- After continuous rubbing and massaging, wash you feet with warm water. Make sure to be gentle while you wash your feet.
- Pat your feet dry and see the difference. Your feet will remain soft and smooth for many days to come, after this tender massage.
- Get a bowl large enough to soak your feet with water. Fill the bowl with hot water, but make sure that the water is not burning hot or you will end up scalding yourself.
- Add about 1/2 to 1 cup of Epsom salt and 1/4 cup baking soda to the hot water. You can add a few drops of your favorite bath gel as well, if you want the fragrance.
- Now, soak your feet in the water for 10-15 minutes or until the water gets cold. Then, pat your feet dry, using a soft towel.
- The next step is exfoliation, using a scrub, to remove the dead skin from your feet. Use an apricot based scrub, apply it to your feet and rub gently.
- Now, take your scrub brush and massage your feet with it, in circular motions. This will help the dry skin get loosen.
- You can also use pumice stone for scrubbing your feet. Begin at the toes and rub the stone against your feet in a circular motion. Then, rinse your feet using warm water. Pat them dry using the towel.
- After you are done with cleaning and scrubbing, apply some petroleum jelly or moisturizing lotion generously on your feet and wear socks. This will help your feet absorb the moisture.
- For best results, the procedure should be repeated every week. Twice a week will give you the best results.