How to Keep Your Nails Beautiful Strong and Health – Useful Simple Tips
Only if you take proper care of your nails to look good. To keep nails healthy and well all the time you have to work hard on them. At home, you can use a nail file, which is available in different sizes, shapes and designs.
Nails can attract people if you keep them in shape. Girls have started growing nails in their fingers and also maintain its beauty. There are many things you should keep in mind while growing your finger nails. First you should clean your nails after taking bath. This should be done everyday because there are chances for dirt for getting staged in your nails.
Tips For Healthy & Beautiful Nails
- If your nails are too brittle and dry, you should increase the consumption of food that items rich in vitamin A (such as apricots, broccoli, carrot and cheese) and calcium (such as milk, yoghurt, cheese and almonds).
- Every night, before you go off to sleep, wash your hands thoroughly, wipe them dry with a towel and apply a hand moisturizer. Thereafter, rub a small amount of petroleum jelly into the cuticle as well as the skin surrounding your nails.
- Whenever you are indulging in any kind of housework, be it doing the dishes or scrubbing the bathroom, make sure to wear hand gloves. This will prevent unnecessary chipping and save your nails from the harsh cleaners as well.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh fruit juices. It will help keep your body, and in turn your nails, well hydrated.
- Carrot juice is rich in calcium and phosphorus and helps strengthen your nails. So, try to consume as much fresh carrot juice as is possible for you.
- Never ever use an acetone-based or formaldehyde-based nail-polish remover. Rather, stick to a remover that has acetate in it.
- Do not file you nails just after you have had a shower or have washed your hands. This is because wet nails tend to break easily.
- While filing your nails, make sure to go in one direction only. Do not move the filer in a back-and-forth motion, as it makes your nails brittle.
- If you want to keep your nails strong and shiny, resort to nail buffing. It augments the blood supply to the nail, in turn stimulating its growth.
- Stay away from artificial nails as much as possible. Apart from destroying the underlying nail with their chemicals and glue, they might also lead to fungal infection of the fingernails.
- If you are suffering from the problem of hangnails, it is advisable to eat food rich in protein, vitamin C and folic acid.
- Ensure that half of your diet is made up of fresh fruits and raw vegetables. This will supple your nails with the required vitamins, minerals and enzymes.
- Supplementing your diet with spirulina and kelp will help make your nails strong and healthy.
- Deficiency of vitamin B 12 can lead to dryness, rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails. So, make sure to include enough of the vitamin in your diet.