How To Prevent Cracked Heels Naturally
Cracked feet or fissures of the feet are a sign of lack of proper foot care. The skin on our feet is usually dry as there are no oil glands in the skin of the feet. How painful are cracked heels is known to you like no one else! You can’t wear those stylish stilettos nor can you walk properly. With every step you take, your heels remind you of the pain they are going through.
These cracks can be painful but they’re also a giant beacon for infections. It’s important to treat cracked skin before you end up with a much more serious health problem. Taking proper precautions right away can prevent cracks from getting deeper and causing bleeding and pain. There are several home remedies for cracked heels that you can try to resolve the problem.
How To Cure Cracked Heels Naturally At Home
- Start treatment of basic cracks by soaking your skin. Sanitize a bowl, bucket, or tub and then fill it with warm (not hot) water. You’ll then want to pour in a little apple cider vinegar to help disinfect your skin. Use about 1 cup per gallon of water. Disinfecting will help cut down on chances for the cracks to become infected.
- Glycerin-Rosewater Remedy for Cracked Heels: Glycerin is one of the best moisturizers that one can imagine. Mixed with rosewater, it can give you a smooth and soft heels without any cracks.
- Vegetable Oil: A variety of vegetable oils can be used to treat and prevent cracked heels. Olive oil, sesame oil, coconut oil or any other hydrogenated vegetable oil will work. For best results, use this remedy before going to bed to allow ample time for the oil to fully penetrate your skin.
- Use warm water to create a mixture and scrub your cracked heels gently using a pumice stone for better results. You can also make a cream by mixing lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of Vaseline together. Rub it on your feet where the cracks are and keep rubbing until it’s absorbed completely. The best thing is to apply it before you go to bed and wash your feet the next morning.
- Special Foot Mask: All you need to do is to add raw stone salt, a few teaspoons of lemon juice, one or two teaspoons of glycerin and rose water into half a bucket of warm water. Now, dip your cleaned feet in this warm water for 15 minutes. You need to scrub off the loose skin from your feet using a pumice stone or a foot scrubber.
- Gently exfoliate: Using a clean washcloth, gently rub the affected area. This will remove dead skin cells and allows the products you’ll place on your skin to absorb better. Be sure to be gentle and that the washcloth you use is clean.
- Rice Flour Paste: You can prepare a homemade natural scrub that would help in effectively treat cracked feet. This scrub is prepared by mixing coarse rice flour powder, honey and apple cider vinegar to make a thick paste. This paste will help in removing dead skins under your feet and hence will effectively treat cracked feet.
- Fruits have many enzymes and other wonder components and that’s why they are so healthy! They can even make you get rid of your cracked heels. You just need to pick certain fruits like banana, pineapple, avocado, papaya etc. and mash them to massage your feet. Banana and papaya are the best options as you can mash them easily. Rub them alone or make this fruit mixture.
- Paraffin Wax: Melt one block of paraffin wax in a double boiler and mix in two tablespoons of mustard oil or coconut oil. Allow it to cool until a thin layer forms on the top. Now, dip your feet in the mixture, wait for 5 to 10 seconds and dip again. Do this a few times or until you have several layers of wax built up. Cover your feet with a plastic and leave it on for 30 minutes before removing the plastic and peeling off the wax from your skin. Repeat the treatment one or two times a week.
- One of the simplest remedies for cracked heels is to apply extra virgin oil directly on the affected area and massage it gently in a circular motion. You can use a cotton ball for easy application. You should massage your feet for 10 minutes and then wear a pair of socks for an hour or so before washing off your feet. You can add a few drops of lemon oil, lavender oil or olive oil to make this solution even more effective.
- Ayurvedic remedy for cracked heels which has been used since ages in India. The anti fungal and anti bacterial margosa leaves or neem leaves when mixed with the very skin friendly herb turmeric, can do wonders to give you soft and smooth heels. This remedy is particularly good for bleeding heels.
- Sesame Oil: Massaging your cracked feet with sesame oil and also applying a generous amount of sesame oil before going to bed will help in effectively removing cracked heels and cracked areas under your feet. Use it every night to see effective results.
Depending upon the severity of your cracked heels, this ointment will cure them within 7-20 days. In case you develop severe cracked feet, or have diabetes or impaired circulation then make sure you consult a podiatrist or doctor.