Coconut Milk is Good for Weight Loss
To make coconut milk the juice inside the coconut is combined with the white flesh of the coconut. The result is a wonderful white milk that is full of super healthy nutrients. Best of all, coconut milk is absolutely delicious and is non fattening compared to cow’s milk.
It used to be thought that because coconut oil is saturated it is therefore bad for your health but this is not so. Past research was often based on hydrogenated coconut oil, rather than virgin coconut oil, thus giving a false impression that it was fattening and bad for health.
There are however, different things that you can ingest that will help you achieve quick weight loss results, while not breaking the bank and introducing possible harmful chemicals into your body. I would like to introduce you to Coconut Milk. This healthy blend of proteins and sugars seems as though it was made to help humans flush themselves out. Because it contains so many fatty acids, it literally cuts most people’s metabolism in half for at least 12 hours following ingestion.
Coconut Milk Benefits for Weight Loss
- Coconut milk is high in fat, as 1 cup contains 42 g. Although some dietary fat can be beneficial, the majority of the fat, 36 g, in coconut milk is saturated fat, a type of fat that can increase your risk of heart disease; the American Heart Association recommends limiting daily intake to 16 g.
- While other weight loss aids seek to limit the amount of Insulin produced, Coconut milk only seeks to limit the amount processed, so the rest is gotten rid of as waste. Similar to the way Vitamin C is processed through the body. So in effect this could be very beneficial to Diabetics. But before undertaking any diet plan, you should consult your Doctor.
- Coconut milk is low in carbohydrates, with 9 g per cup. This is 3 g fewer than the amount in 1 cup of skim, so coconut milk could be more suitable for a low carbohydrate diet. However, the dramatically higher calorie content may limit coconut milk’s usefulness on such diets.
- Coconut milk is not a good source of vitamins and minerals, as it contains just 6 percent of the daily suggested intake of iron. Vitamins and minerals perform a number of vital roles in your body, and some may aid in weight loss.
- Coconut milk is a poor choice for weight loss due to its high calorie content. One cup of this milk contains 420 calories, or 21 percent of the daily suggested intake. This amount is more than five times the amount in skim milk, 80 calories.
Homemade Coconut Milk for Weight Loss
- 7/8 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup hot water
- ½ cup hot water
You will also need:
- Large bowl
Add shredded coconut into the blender. Then add 1 cup hot water into the blender. Blend at high speed for 2-3 minutes. Put your cheesecloth over the colander. Pour the pulp (from the blender) into the cheesecloth. Squeeze the coconut milk into the colander. Put the pulp back into the blender.
Add ½ cup hot water. Blend on high speed again for about 1-2 minutes. Pour the pulp back into the cheesecloth. Squeeze more coconut milk into the colander (Basically repeating the process to get as much coconut milk out of the shredded coconut as possible).