Yoga Exercise for Weight Loss: Tips for Your Body Fitness
Excess weight gain has become a phenomenon in today’s age, when lifestyles have become sedentary, and food more liberal with extra calories. Today our children prefer T.V. over their friends and play, merely a reflection of their parents who also somewhere prefer T.V. over socializing or even over spending time with their children (if they spend some time surely some running around will help burn some calories). These are only a few factors, which have resulted in increasing amount of people with the problem of excess weight or obesity.
Doing yoga regularly make you feel better and stronger. It stimulates your metabolism, curb appetite cravings, strengthen your body, and increase flexibility. Yoga tones your muscles, reduces stress, and improves your mental and physical health. Another great benefit of Yoga is its ability to reduce weight. Through different poses of Yoga we can easily reduce extra fat from our body, it is the ideal exercise for weight loss.
Kinds of Yoga Exercise:
The type of yoga you need to do is called vinyasa or flow yoga. This style of yoga is based on the performance of a series of poses called sun salutations. Vinyasa includes many popular, athletic and sweat drenched yoga styles. For weight loss purposes, try:
Ashtanga Yoga is a very energetic style of practice to lose weight. Ashtanga practitioners are among the most dedicated of yogis, and beginners are often encouraged to sign up for a series of classes, which will help with motivation.
Vinyasa yoga done in a hot room ups the ante by guaranteeing you’ll sweat buckets.
Keep in mind that if you are just starting to do yoga, are very overweight, or are quite out of shape, always choose a beginner level class.
Power Yoga is extremely popular, because it provides a very vigorous cardiovascular workout.
Yoga for Weight Loss Useful Tips:
- Practice in a room without mirrors, and put the emphasis on your internal experience rather than your outer performance.
- Learn to experience the sensation of movement, down to the tiniest micro movement.
- Always try to find your edge the place where your body feels challenged, but not overwhelmed. When you achieve this, keep an open, accepting state of mind.
- Give yourself permission to rest when you’re tired.
- Combine your yoga session with positive self-talk. Appreciate your efforts and praise your inner goodness.
- Go to class faithfully. If you work out at home, set a specific day and time for your yoga session and stick to it.
- Recognize that you are not only working on your body, but are also working to develop qualities like patience, discipline, wisdom, kindness and gratitude.
- Look for a teacher (in a class or on video) who you feel offers a balance between gentleness and firmness, and who inspires you to practice.
- Recognize that simply buying a yoga DVD or attending the class is a step toward creating a better you. Use it as momentum to keep going.
- Realize your efforts are not just inspiring you, but also inspiring others as you become more attuned to who you are, inside and out.
Benefits of Yoga for Weight Reduction:
Yoga is said to be the best way of weight reduction because it has no side effects on your body. It won’t make you anorexic or ultra slim. It is simply meant to proportionate your body weight in accordance to your height and lifestyle. The mechanism of Yoga in your body is simple yet extremely effective. It acts on the metabolism of your body as well as on your fat cells.
The deep breathing in Yoga increases the oxygen intake to the cells of your body, including the fat cells which burn in contact of oxygen. Apart from this yoga makes one overcome from anxiety which is the major reason for overeating. Some of the Yoga asana also helps in weight control through stimulating lethargic thyroid glands for increasing their hormonal secretions, thus reducing weight.