10 Essential Home Remedies for Head Acne
Acne can occur on your scalp too. So, it is important that you take measures to keep the scalp free from detrimental acne. Scalp acne is a menace that not only causes acute pain and itching but, left untreated, can cause baldness. Skin naturally produces a protective layer of oil known as sebum. Sebum makes its way to the skin’s surface through pores, and excess oil, dead skin cells or other substances can clog them.
At instances, though, these acne breakouts on the scalp turn out to be irritated because of to shampooing, brushing, scratching, and blow drying. Herbal products are much preferred over the steroid and medicated shampoos as they can do more damage than good on the delicate scalp skin. Here are the .best home remedies that can help you treat scalp acne.
The Best Scalp Acne Treatment With Natural Remedies
- Garlic: Get a garlic clove and mash it slightly. Now massage this clove on the pimple area for few seconds it helps to diminish scalp pimple. Use this remedy to reduce the pain as well.
- Using Henna: Some believe that natural henna helps by preventing dandruff, moisturizing the scalp, and even works as an antiseptic. In turn, scalp pimples can also be taken care of. However, know that constant use can result in a temporary reddish tint to your hair.
- Tomato Juice: Tomatoes are an excellent way to establish a healthy pH for our skin and hair, plus they’re packed with salicylic acid. That’s what makes tomatoes one of the best natural remedies for acne. According to How Stuff Works, topical treatments high in salicylic acid are especially effective in treating scalp acne. Give your hair a quick tomato juice rinse to stimulate hair growth, add shine, and of course, relieve those pesky scalp pimples.
- Lemon Juice: The acidic property of lemons can be very useful in treating acne. Lemon will clean out dirt that has accumulated in the pores and will harden the sebum. Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area and leave it for a few hours before rinsing your face with water. You can also mix lemon juice with rose water in equal amounts and use the solution to wash the affected area thoroughly.
- Fenugreek leaves aid stop and reduce zits outbreaks on skin as nicely as scalp because of to their anti-inflammatory homes. Crushed fenugreek leaves can be left on the afflicted spot either for ten-fifteen minutes or right away, and then eliminated with lukewarm h2o. In addition, you can implement a paste of neem leaves as well.
- Nutmeg: Mix grounded nutmeg with milk and apply the paste on the scalp. Leave it for an hour. Cover your head with a shower cap. Rinse with a mild shampoo and condition it.
- Try grinding nutmeg with raw milk and then leaving it on the acne for an hour or two. You find acne disappearing like magic, without any marks.
- Rose water: To numb the pain associated by the scalp pimple rose water can help you well. Apply few drops of rosewater on the pimple. It helps to soothe it.
- Aloe Vera Gel: The soothing and anti-inflammatory properties in aloe vera can treat acne in a matter of a few days. Aloe vera gel is also helpful in healing the scars caused by acne. You can buy aloe vera gel from the market or get pure aloe vera gel by cutting a leaf off an aloe vera plant and squeezing the gel from the middle. Apply the aloe vera gel to the affected area twice daily.
- The honey and cinnamon paste operates as a very good home treatment for acne breakouts, even on the scalp, when utilized for 15-twenty minutes. Follow this treatment method two to three times in a week for a number of months. Honey has antimicrobial properties. Hence, it inhibits the growth of bacteria. Additionally, cinnamon has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
These simple and easy to follow natural treatments for acne can solve the problem to some extent. If you are know any tip about head acne. So, please share with us via comments below.