How To Make Strawberry Acne Mask For Your Beauty Skin
Strawberries are a natural source of salicylic acid, one of the most effective acne fighting agents. Salicylic acid is present as a key ingredient in many acne treatment products. Strawberries are thus considered as an acne natural cure. They can also be used for toning and conditioning the skin. Apart from being a natural cure for acne, strawberries also help to lighten the hyper pigmentation problems in the skin, keeping it smooth and supple.
One of the tough things about dealing with acne is that all of the acne treatments, pimple products, and lotions and potions containing salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide can leave your skin dry and feeling raw. This face mask is fabulous because the strawberries provide salicylic acid to remove dead skin cells and kill the acne, while the jojoba oil and milk move right in to moisturize your skin.
In addition, the antioxidants in the fruit help to repair skin damage and counteract aging effects. Your skin produces millions of new cells every day, and regenerates itself completely every 30 to 40 days. But after the age of 30, this natural rejuvenating process slows considerably. At this time, the skin can benefit from a strawberry acne mask.
Use on its Own:
It’s easy to use strawberries. Just mash up a few with a fork if you’re using it for your entire face. Make sure it isn’t too watery but I’ll say the juice is great for exfoliating purposes so don’t throw it out. You can dab the juice around your face and after your face is dry, apply the mask on your face.
Use with Honey:
Strawberries are good when used alone but even better when mixed with honey for easy application. Honey has good anti-inflammatory properties so it’s particularly great for acne-proned skin as well. However, make sure your honey is suitable for topical application or it might be a problem for those with sensitive skin.
Things You’ll Need:
1 to 2 strawberries Bowl Potato masher or forks Blender or food processor (optional) Wooden spoon Fine-mesh sieve Large towel Clean face towel Witch hazel Bentonite clay Cypress essential oil Lemon essential oil Herbs for a facial steam (optional) Essential oils for a facial steam (optional).
Strawberry Acne Mask Recipes:
- Spread a towel over your bed or a lounge chair in preparation for lying down with the face mask.
- Chop one or two strawberries, making sure to remove the stem.
- Place the strawberries in a bowl, and mash them well. Alternatively, process the strawberries in a blender or food processor.
- Put the mashed strawberries in a fine-mesh sieve.
- Press the juice from the strawberry pulp using a wooden spoon or potato masher. If desired, place a bowl under the sieve to reserve juice for another use.
- Stand before a mirror, and gently spread the strawberry pulp over your face. Focus on your forehead, nose, chin and the pores around your nose. Avoid getting the pulp into your eyes.
- Lie down on your back in bed or on a lounge chair with your head slightly elevated.
- Rest for about 10 minutes with your face mask on.
- Rinse off the acne mask, and gently pat your face dry with a clean towel.
Avoid getting the mask into your eyes.
Hi, I think there is something broken on the blog. I just attempted to use the links on the menu bar and it directed me to another website which I have never used. Can you help with this?