The Causes and Treatment of Baby Pimple
Baby acne is a common disease of the newborn, you appropriate treatment of acne as a problem can be solved. Medical child known as acne usually occurs in children aged between four weeks and can be expanded to more than 6 months. This is not a dangerous problem may be new parent, lack of information about anxiety.
Of course, you hate to love a little pain, but patience is important for children to heal. Acne is a more difficult or angry when a child is weighted so it is also important to maintain the stability of the child.
New mothers produce excess hormones, particularly within the initial weeks after giving birth. These excess hormones are transferred to the baby via breast milk. The hormones stimulate the baby’s essential oil glands to develop a fatty, oily substance known as sebum. Sebum clogs the pores to result in pimples. It’s much more typical in boys compared to girls.
Causes of Baby Pimples
It is yet unclear what exactly causes baby acne, just as it is not completely clear what causes teen acne. However, most doctors agree that excess hormones stimulate the sebaceous glands, causing them produce more sebum (oil), which then is secreted onto the skin. The oil, mixed with debris and dead skin cells, clogs pores and causes acne. For teens, the hormones are the result of puberty.
For babies, the hormones are actually produced by the mother, which are then passed on the baby through the placenta. Only once the baby is born does the excess oil production start to mix with debris and clog the pores, which is why acne can be seen approx 3-4 weeks after birth. Baby acne usually appears on the face and scalp, but in rarer cases can show up as blackheads or back acne.
Baby Pimples Treatment
It is important to understand that baby acne is perfectly natural and will usually go away on it own after a couple of weeks or months. The acne is also not dangerous; there is no need to worry. If however, you feel the need to treat your baby’s acne, you can take steps by using cleansing techniques. Here are some tips:
- Usually, no treatment is necessary. The baby acne symptoms like pimples, whiteheads etc. should clean up on its own. so one need not any treatment if the things go normal.
- Using very mild soap, preferably baby soap, gently cleanse your baby’s skin in the morning and before bed.
- Genteelly cleanse the face once a day with water. If the condition is little on worse side then baby’s face should be washed two or three times by warm water and try to make it dry.
- Do not scrub your baby’s skin when cleansing this will cause further irritation and more acne (and remember, acne is not caused by dirt, so scrubbing won’t help!)
- Do not use lotions, oils or others washing treatment. it may make things even worse. it may cause more irritation and infection. only use clean water to wash the face of your baby.
- If the baby’s face does not clear up in three months, then consult to a doctor. He or she may recommend a medicated cream or other treatment.
- Do not put creams or oils on the baby’s skin specifically to treat baby acne.
You may be concerned about how to treat baby acne, but the only medicine is patience and cleanliness. An acne baby treatment more than likely will never be prescribed because as of today, there isn’t a market for such medications. Baby acne may be a nuisance, but it will most certainly go away within a few weeks.