Treating Acne with Honey: Natural Way For Your Beauty
Acne medication can be expensive, especially if you use prescription medication. The acne skin care industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. That gives you some idea of how much people are spending in order to rid their skin of acne. But what if you don’t have that kind of money to spend on acne medications? Should you just give up and accept your acne breakouts? The answer is no because you can treat your acne for a fraction of the cost by using ingredients found in your cupboards and refrigerator.
Before OTC anti acne products took over, home remedies were the preferred choice to treat acne. Even today when acne treatment surgeries and various cosmetic procedures have garnered popularity as an acne treatment, there are some home remedies that are still very popular. Honey is one of them. Honey is one of the most commonly used substances to treat acne. But, can this sticky ingredient really help treat acne? Well, to a certain extent yes. Honey does have certain properties that can help deal with acne and problem skin.
Try the followin tips i found for u .do not use chemicals on skin. Follow these instructions and do let me know if they worked on your skin. i’m sure they will!
Cause of Acne:
Acne Vulgarism (the scientific name for common Acne) is almost a universal problem, with almost everyone in the world suffering from it sooner or later in their lives. This type of acne is caused by blocking of sebaceous glands, the glands responsible for producing and secretion of sebum, either due to peeled off skin or dust or other such blocking material and/or due to certain hormonal activities during teens due to which the production of sebum increases many times abruptly.
That is why this type of acne is most found in teens. Anyway, now when the opening of these sebum glands are blocked, the sebum cannot escape and it starts depositing below the skin pores, making them look red and swollen. As a result, the openings of these glands are not cleaned (which was otherwise cleaned due to flow of sebum earlier). This makes them prone to infections by microbes and the situation aggravates. The pores now become red, itchy, painful swollen spots on skin which look ugly and leave dark spots on skin when they go. This situation is called acne.
Cure of Acne:
Once you know the cause, it becomes easy to find a cure. Since acne is caused due to blockage and subsequent infection of sebum glands, clearing the blockage and fighting the infection should help cure acne. This is where honey mask for acne comes into play. A honey mask for acne not only clears the blockage but also takes away the infectious microbes with it, thus reducing acne. Now, different types of honey mask for acne are used in different skin types, viz. dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin etc. Let’s have a look what fits us.
Honey for Acne:
You will find a whole bunch of websites out there that proclaim honey as a miracle cure for all kinds of ailments, acne being one of them. Most of these websites are trying to sell you honey and don’t even bother to give you the hard facts. I’ve tried to give you the non-nonsense facts higher up this page, but to sum up, we know that skin bacteria play a key part in the development of acne. We also know that honey is anti-bacterial and has been used for thousands of years as an effective skin treatment.
So it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that honey may be useful in treating acne. As with all acne treatments, honey will not work for everyone, but many people have found that it has worked for them. If you want to give it a try, please read on.
First, a warning. Some people are allergic to one or more of the components of honey. If you are allergic, using honey on your skin could cause an allergic reaction and make things worse. If you are concerned about this, you should arrange for one of the widely-available allergy tests beforehand.
OK, before you go rummaging in the back of the kitchen cupboard for that old jar of honey and smear the contents all over your face, you need to read this section. For it to do any good, you need to make sure the honey you use is good honey. Let me explain what I mean. Most popular brands of honey are treated in some way, by heating or adding water for example; these processed honeys are very unlikely to work because the antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties are destroyed in the processing.
When you are trying a honey-based acne remedy, a good tip is not to change your diet or try more than one thing at a time. In this way you will get a good idea whether something works or not. If you change lots of factors at the same time, you won’t know which one of them caused any changes.
Honey alone can be used as a mask and is effective in curing acne by cleansing your pores and not letting microbes grow there due to its anti microbial properties. Added to this, the waxy part of honey helps keep the skin soft, smooth and glowing.
- Ingredients: Nothing but honey. Quantity: As per requirement.
- Preparation: None
- Application: Just spread a layer on your face.
- Tips: Try to use filtered honey.
- Facts: Honey has anti microbial properties, anti oxidants and at the same time, is sticky (which is beneficial). This stickiness pulls away the dust, dead skin, microbes etc. from the pores while the anti microbial properties do not let the skin infected again. The anti oxidants in it helps make the skin look younger and last but not the least, the wax in it makes the skin smooth, shiny, moist and glowing. Isn’t that great?
- Caution: Those who are allergic to topical application of honey should keep away.
Apple Honey Mask:
- Ingredients: One medium sized apple (preferably organic apple), four to five tablespoons of honey (preferably organic honey) and lukewarm water (to wash face).
- Preparation: Scoop out the seeds of the apple and run the rest in a mixer to make a fine pulp. Now add three to four (depends on the size of the apple and how many persons it will serve. The quantity of honey should be sufficient to mix well with the pulp) tablespoons of honey into it. Mix well into a uniform paste. Your apple honey mask for acne is ready to apply.
- Application: Apply a layer of this apple honey mask on your whole face. Wait for ten to fifteen minutes and let the mask dry up a bit. When done, wash the mask off with lukewarm water. That’s it. You are done!
- Tips: The apple honey mask works best when fresh. So, you need not keep it prepared in refrigerators to apply later. Since it is very easy to prepare, make it just before you apply.
- Facts: While the grains of apple work as a sort of gentle scrub for cleaning your face, the glycolic acid in it facilitates exfoliation. Together they clean up the skin pores. Now, honey in it is a natural antioxidant and has anti microbial properties. This eliminates the microbial infections that cause acne.
- Caution: Test if you are allergic to any of the ingredients in the mask by applying it on a small patch in your wrist and wait for a few hours. If rashes appear or you show other symptoms of allergy, do not use this mask on your face.
- Buy your honey, almond oil and lemon at a natural food store to avoid harmful chemicals and added sugars. The purer the ingredients the more beautiful your skin.
- Eat a spoonful of natural honey every day. Natural honey can be added to your morning tea, or taken as a sweet delight in its pure form.
- Almond oil can be quite expensive. If you are working on a tight budget, make your honey acne treatment without the almond oil, mixing just natural honey and lemon. In this case, you do not need to store the treatment in the refrigerator.