The Most Effective Hair Care Tips for Damaged Hair
The great thing about hair is that it can take a lot of abuse in the name of trends, fashion and style. Eventually, all these changes can cause hair to become dry and brittle, lose its healthy shine and look tired, old and dull. By the time we have reached this level of distress, we are ready for a change that has little to do with fashion. The steps on this guide will help anyone achieve their goal of having healthy and shiny hair.
The overall beauty of your hair is a reflection of what’s going on inside your body as well as the products you use to clean and condition. The old saying “less is more” applies to shampoo and conditioners as well. Less chemicals are better for your hair and skin, natural plant oils and gentle cleansers are better for you and your family as well as the environment.
The emergence of damaged hair tips can transform even the trendiest hairstyle into a hair disaster. Healthy hair is often seen as a sign of good health and hygiene practices. Since the way your hair looks can affect your overall confidence and social appeal, it’s important to keep your hair looking its best. There are many techniques to deal with hair problems. Don’t let a few rogue tips turn your entire hair do into a hair don’t.
Damaged Hair Care Tips
- When all the hair care experts and your very own hair stylist tell you to wash your hair daily, you have little choice but to buy their words. However, it’s important to remember that the ‘wash and wear funda’ works better for people with fine hair. For people with dry and frizzy hair, rinsing hair everyday would just mean more brittle and a more delicate mane. Shampooing your damaged hair once in every three days is good unless you have one good reason to lather your hair each day.
- Unless you don’t mind having more hair on your hairbrush, towel or in your shower drain than your scalp, it is best to let your hair air-dry thoroughly before you style it again. Blow-drying tends to make the hair dry and more susceptible to breakage and damage. Also, it would do you good to stay away from dryers, curling tongs or other styling tools unless you wish to mess up your mane. Always use a wide toothed comb to brush your mane and avoid vigorously rubbing your hair after every wash.
- Wish to save your dry mane from further damage? I yes, just stay away from the sun! The UV rays from the sun are believed to dehydrate hair considerably thereby causing further damage. If you are an outdoor baby or love to have fun on the beach, then it’s best for you to wear a hat or a scarf before you leave the house. Using a leave in conditioner or a protecting spray before stepping out in the sun would equally save your hair from the harsh effects of the sun.
- Pamper your dry mane with a relaxing hair massage and retain gorgeous hair always. A hot oil massage helps in restoring moisture and rehabilitates static hair by boosting blood circulation and strengthening hair roots. Grab any good hair oil and massage it on your head and for two to three minutes to stimulate your scalp.
- Never ever use hot water to wash your hair. Hot water tends to strip the hair of its natural oils, leaving it feeling dry and worn. Always stick to cold water to rinse your mane. Furthermore, never get overzealous with your shampoo as extra lather would only rob your hair off its shine and glow and will leave it feeling dull and dry. Also, don’t forget to top every rinse with a hydrating conditioner to lock in the moisture and natural oils.