Golden Sweet Cakes Recipe: You Must Try This
This recipe for Golden Cake has been popular in my family for as long. It was always baked on weekends when people were in town for a visit. Golden Cake is a great choice for a stand alone breakfast paired with a strong cup of coffee and fresh fruit.
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using a mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Scrape down the bowl. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the dry ingredients and milk in three parts, mixing until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared pans and smooth the tops. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer the pans to a rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the pans to release the cakes and invert; let cool completely.
- Slice the cakes into 2 layers each. Stack and frost with the vanilla frosting.