3 Ways to Keep your Hands and Feet Looking Younger
How many times have you seen a pretty faced gorgeous woman when a single glance at her hands and feet made you cringe? Often, maybe. We spend so much on our faces to strive towards a flawless face but our hands and feet often get ignored in this fast moving life. The skin on our hands and feet deserve special care as they contribute so much in our lives. Imagine a pretty girl under the scorching sun high in the sky walking down a busy polluted street wearing a tank dress and flip flops and overabundance of sunscreen applied to her face. How much harm do you think she is doing to her hands and feet? Likewise, a woman washing dishes and doing the regular kitchen chores who gets to give her hands in water every other minute invests so much time on stopping the clock ticking on her face but forgets that it will show up on other parts rather earlier. Having a consistent quality of skin throughout your body adds a lot of beauty to your overall appearance and is there anyone better placed than you to tell you how much a pleasant appearance matters?
So, to help you achieve this consistency, we have 3 ways you can keep your hands and feet looking younger and prettier than ever.
This one is for the lazy bums. Girls, remember that a manicure and a pedicure are there for reason. Do not overestimate the damage resistance of your skin on hands and feet. It is as vulnerable as your face. If getting a facial and clean up once in a while is your thing to do, why not extend your time in the salon a little and pamper your hands and feet too. After all, they work harder than your face, don’t they? This way, you are not just delaying ageing, you are taking care of your skin against various skin diseases that may pop up because of neglecting to care for them as much as they deserve.
Do it Yourself
This one is for the economical but requires a lot of effort and dedication. There are a lot of home remedies you can go about to take care of your hands and feet. They are effective, affordable, and natural. Let’s look at 3 such home remedies that can work their magic on your skin.
- Yoghurt: Placing this on the top has a reason, a tried and tested one! Apply yoghurt (yes, just the yoghurt; it works even if you don’t mix anything with it) on your hands and feet and massage for 5 to 10 minutes. Let it rest for another 10 minutes and rinse off using lukewarm water. Do it every alternate day and see the results after a month. Yogurt has a bleach effect. It moisturizes your skin naturally and penetrates deep into the skin making the softness last longer. Not just that, yogurt makes your skin go a shade or two lighter.
- Gram Flour: Everyone knows the relevance of “besan” for beauty purposes in India. It has been used since ages and there must be something extraordinary about it. Fortunately, this easily available thing is a great boon for women who love economical beauty treatments. Mix besan with equal parts of rose water and tap water and apply it on your hands and feet. Rinse off as it dries and apply a small amount of coconut oil on your skin and cuticles. Repeat the process twice a week and wait for a month to see the results.
- Manicure and Pedicure: Manicure and Pedicure do not have to be an expensive affair always. There are affordable and effective home remedies for manicure and pedicure at home.
Follow a Beauty Regime
While it is pretty obvious that the splurging and home remedies are not practical for everyone around, there’s something that’s easy yet affordable. Following a beauty regime for your hands and feet is all about taking those small efforts to cure damage and taking even smaller steps to avoid any damage that might have happened. Here are some tips to a successful beauty regime for your precious hands and feet:
- Wear hand gloves while washing and cleaning. Rubber gloves offer more protection than fabric ones.
- If your nails are brittle, increase your calcium intake. Healthy nails are beautiful nails.
- Let your nails breathe. Do not always cover them with nail paint. Give a gap of a day or two in between.
- File your nails regularly.
- Never bite them.
- Keep your hands and feet clean. Wash them as soon as you come home from a day out.
- Rub your heels with a pumice stone or loofah regularly.
- Moisturize your hands and feet daily. (Twice daily would be much better–post bath and before bed.)
- Apply sunscreen generously everyday even if you are meant to stay indoors in office or class.
- Never wear wet socks or shoes. It can lead to fungal infection.
- Scrub your hands and feet once in a while.
- Avoid hot water.
- If you develop a corn, do not cut it.
- Wear shoes that keep your toes together most of the times to avoid disfiguring your toes.
- Invest in good skin care for your hands and feet.
Being consistent about following this regime would give you beautiful looking hands and feet delaying aging beyond doubt. While investing some time on your hands and feet is important, it is equally important to be careful of the products you apply on your skin. Over-the-counter moisturizers and sunscreen would do more harm to your skin than regular exposure to dust and pollution. Choose products from trustworthy sources and invest time in deciding what suits you. If you lack time to visit stores, do your research online, read reviews and order your products online from online shops like Nykaa. Hand and Feet Cosmetic Products from Nykaa include everything you will need to take care of your skin. Go ahead and indulge in pampering yourself.