Natural Ways For Hair Removal With Home Remedies
Hair removal describes any method that gets rid of unwanted or excess body hair. Hair removal is usually dictated by cultural and societal values. Excess hair, especially in women, continues to be a taboo subject. The female skin must be clean, smooth and hairless. Hair growth in an area that should be free from any body hair, such as in the armpits or face, is unacceptable and unattractive.
Excessive and unwanted body hair is usually caused by heredity or hormones. A few really hairy people get a double dose of hormones and genes. Both of these causes can be safely managed by professionals or you can do it yourself at home. The most commonly accepted successful methods of excessive body hair removal are electrolysis, laser hair removal, waxing, (pulling the hairs out by the roots), depilatory creams that dissolve the hair, and shaving.
In today’s society facial and body hair have become increasingly unwelcome. These unwanted hairs disturbs the beauty of the women. They have become curious to remove them. There are many procedures for the removal of these unwanted hairs.
Excessive hair on the face can be removed by electrolysis, but this is a tedious and somewhat expensive process. Laser is normally a permanent method of hair removal, although there are no 100% guarantees. It doesn’t work very well on darker skins or on lighter hair. Essentially the hair that responds best to laser treatment is dark, thick hair on lighter skin.
Home Remedies For Hair Removal
- Using a face mask prepared by mixing a tablespoon of lemon juice in four tablespoons of honey is one of the most popular natural home remedies for Hair Removal from face.
- For best results, apply the mixture in the direction of hair growth and scrub it off when after 15 minutes when it dries. Follow this therapy at least two times in a week.
- Prepare a sticky mixture of an egg white, one teaspoon of sugar, some corn flour and apply it on the face for about 15 minutes. Finally, peel it off. This is an effective natural treatment for removing facial hair. Do this 3-4 times in a week.
- Sugaring is one of the oldest Hair Removal home remedies. For this, squeeze half a lemon and add some molasses in a mixture of a cup of sugar and a quarter cup of honey. Heat the mixture until it becomes thick, smooth and brownish in color.
- You can heat in a microwave or thick saucepan (bring to boil on medium flame and then simmer on low flame) till you get the aroma of cooked lemon and let it cool for 15 minutes. Next, spread the mixture on your skin with a butter knife in the direction of hair growth.
- After 10-15 minutes, use a clean cloth or waxing strip to get rid of hair on legs, arms and other parts of the body. Like waxing, the cloth or wax strip being used needs to be pulled against the direction of hair growth. Preferably, dust some corn flour on the skin before using this home remedy. Various sugaring products are also available in the market.
- Lemon is natural bleach, so apply that with an equal amount of honey and leave on for ten to fifteen minutes. Do this everyday.
- When bathing, apply soap and scrub your hands and legs gently with a pumice stone everyday. This will take some time, but with patience your hair will gradually reduce and diminish.
- Mix lemon, sugar, and honey in a bowl. Microwave on high for about 2-3 minutes, until it bubbles into a smooth consistency. Spread a thin layer on your leg. Cover with a strip of fabric, and rubbing the strip the opposite way of hair growth, about 3 times. Grab the fabric end and pull it off very quickly against the direction of the hair growth. This is an effective home remedy for hair removal.
- A healthy lifestyle supplemented with proper diet is the magic key for healthy and beautiful hair.
- Sandpaper is also effective for the removal of unwanted hairs.
- Wash the ingrown hair area twice a day with a Panoxyl bar, an antibacterial soap of 10 percent benzoyl peroxide found at your local drugstore. This is one of the best home remedies for hair removal.
- Apply an over-the-counter hydrocortisone preparation such as Cortaid around the ingrown hair according to package directions.
- If ingrown hairs are inflamed and infected, change your razor blade each time you shave until the ingrown hair is gone.
The reader of this article should exercise all precautionary measures while following instructions on the home remedies from this article. Avoid using any of these products if you are allergic to it. The responsibility lies with the reader and not with the site or the writer.