10 Effective Activities That Burn The Most Calories
For anyone who is losing weight, burning calories is a number one priority. Many people want to know the easiest and fastest way to burn calories. There are many things you can do to burn more calories. Here’s a short list of some fun leisure activities and the calories burned while having fun with these activities.
The Best Activities That Burn The Most Calories
- Climbing the stairs burns a lot of calories as it requires more energy in order to climb the incline and requires more muscle work from your quadriceps to push yourself up and over the steps.
- Sleep: get yourself more sleep. When the body is not getting enough rest, your metabolism will slow down causing you to burn less calories. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night.
- Fishing: If you love to fish, then this is the perfect outside activity to burn calories. Even just a half an hour can burn up to 100 calories.
- Jumping rope is not only a great heart-pumping activity, but also increases body awareness. All you need to get started are some comfortable shoes, preferably aerobic shoes or cross-trainers that have a reinforced toe and cushioning for the balls of the feet.
- Walking places of course burns a lot of calories, but again you can maximize this by power walking which involves moving your arms more and your legs faster in order to generate more speed.
- Aerobics are a great way to lose weight, increase stamina, ward off viral illness, boost your mood, strengthen your heart and help you live longer.
- If you like group activities, basketball is a great one to do with your friends. Get some teams together or play one on one with a buddy. You’ll build strong muscles in your legs, back, shoulders, wrists and hands along with whittling 584 calories an hour.
- Unfortunately another activity that is slightly less fun also makes you burn calories cleaning the house. But at least it’s some consolation.
- Take a brisk walk for 10-20 minutes- A brisk walk around the corner and back, or at the mall is great for your heart, breathing deeper, and to burn about 100 calories or so.
- Eat several small meal a day- If you do this your body will burn more calories during the day than if you just eat 2 or 3 big meals.
These activities are easy and will work for people who want to start out small. But if you seriously want to burn calories and lose body fat fast, I recommend you must follow these useful Madonna fitness workouts.