How to Lose Pregnancy Weight Fast: Easy and Simple Tips
Having a baby changes your life it also changes your body. You may be surprised by some of those changes if you’re a new mom, wondering why it takes so long for your belly to shrink, how to lose the baby weight and whether your body will ever be the same. Giving birth to a little one fills us all with joy and the wonderful feeling of new life and new adventures with a baby of our own.
You can get healthy and fit after your baby is born. But any woman who has gained excess weight during pregnancy knows that simply wanting to get into shape won’t be enough. You’re going to have to work at it. Not any one weight-loss method works for all women, but there are sensible tips all new moms should follow. Here, professional dietitians and trainers give the skinny on what to do to lose those postpregnancy pounds:
How to Lose Pregnancy Weight Fast
Don’t rush back into weight loss after the birth. It is a very stressful and busy time and you don’t need the extra strain of trying to lose weight.
- Drink lots of water! You need to drink at least 8-10 glasses of water in order to help you clean out your system, and speed up the process to lose pregnancy weight fast.
- Exhaustion and fatigue: These are common after giving birth, especially if you’re breastfeeding, which can deplete your energy. Be aware of your energy levels, and only do what you can handle.
- Waiting around six weeks to start your diet is sensible. Remember your body has been through a lot and needs time to recover! The average weight gain for a mother during pregnancy is 25-35 pounds. Expect to lose around 13 pounds after the birth. This gives you around 12 to 22 pounds to lose. A reasonable target to lose this weight is 8 months. Losing 1 or 2 pounds a week is an easier proposition. Don’t push yourself too hard to lose the weight. Give your self reasonable targets that are obtainable.
- Many people do not realize that 60% to 80% of losing weight has to do with eating. No matter how much time you spend in the gym, especially if you are over 30 years of age, you will not lose weight effectively or at all if you do not combine your exercise routine with a healthy diet. Accordingly, stay away from vices like junk food.
- Make sure you deal with the situation now! If you don’t make an effort to overcome pregnancy weight gain and lose pregnancy weight fast immediately, you could be dealing with obesity much farther down the road.
- Take your baby for walks – your baby will appreciate the fresh air and you will burn calories! Taking exercise will also make you feel better. Even going walking around the shops or a stroll in park. It will also give you bonding time with your child.
- Breastfeeding burns around 500 calories a day and is of course best for baby. You should be eating around 1800 to 2000 more calories a day when nursing. Remember that everything you eat is going to baby as well so don’t go over board on junk food.
- Eat when you are hungry! Don’t skip meals, hunger is a natural instinct and will always win! Plan your meals and eat a sensible amount of calories for each meal. You need to learn the difference between actual hunger and emotional hunger.
It is a lot easier than you think! It is not a grueling experience. Nor is it an impossible task. You, like anyone else, can do it. How to lose pregnancy weight fast merely requires time, good nutrition, sufficient exercise, and plenty of sleep.