25 Effective Acne Solutions At Home
Home acne solutions are the least expensive solutions to the pimple problem. They can also be used as skin care maintenance formulas and can even address other skin problems, like warts, rosacea and other spots and blemishes that the skin can suffer from at one time or another. If you’re not into over-the-counter remedies, or you’re just simply saving your budget, homemade remedies are probably your best bet.
Mostly, it is the sensitive skin that is prone to acne. However, even if your skin is not too sensitive, you can experience such an outbreak, if you do not follow a proper cleanliness routine. Apart from cleansing, exfoliating and moisturizing the skin, you should concentrate on your diet as well, to prevent the occurrence of acne. In case you are already facing this skin problem and are looking for ways to get rid of it, this article is meant just for you.
Almost everybody encounters acne at some stage in life. Without exception, all acne victims have one question in mind, “how do I get rid of these zits and have a normal skin like everybody else?” People are willing to try almost any remedy, however bizarre it may sound, to restore their skin to its pre-acne beauty instantly. Given below are some tested and proven acne solutions, which you can try at home.
Homemade Solutions For Acne:
- Aloe Vera that is taken internally is effective in treating acne. Its juice can also be applied on skin areas that have acne.
- Tomato puree applied to the face is also a good solution for facial zits. Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and wash it off with clean, warm water.
- Rose water mixed with sandalwood paste can also be applied on the face for 30 minutes before rinsing it off.
- The paste from blended cucumber can be applied on the face and be left for about 30 minutes before rinsing. This serves as good refreshment for the skin, as well as an effective acne prevention cream.
- Oatmeal mixed with fresh milk and made into a pack can be made used on the face to cure zits. It could also be used as a body exfoliating pack to clear away the dead skin cells that cause the skin to roughen. Leave the pack on your face/body for around 10 minutes and then rinse it off with clean water.
- Fresh garlic can be rubbed on the affected areas. Though this remedy can be pretty smelly, it has a very effective antiseptic property that will dry out acne.
- Cumin seeds are also an effective treatment for acne. Paste produced from these seeds may be applied on the skin for about one hour before rinsing it off.
- Paste made from water and powdered Neem leaves can also be applied on the affected skin as an acne treatment.
- Fresh milk. You can use this as a facial wash. If you have unlimited supply, then by all means, bathe in it. It can sure help relieve your pimple problem and also give you a softer, smoother skin.
- Lavender oil can also be directly applied to skin areas with acne.
- Paste made from the mixture of vinegar and ground seeds of black cumin can also be applied to the skin to treat acne.
- Paste from the mixture of little water and ground orange peel can be applied on affected skin areas.
- Egg white applied to the face is said to be an effective zit-zapper and also a skin care solution. Leave it on until it becomes mask-like and then wash your face with water.
- Cooked oatmeal can also be applied on the skin for about 15 minutes. Then wash off.
- The mixture of avocado paste and water can be a good facial wash.
- A warm bath with rosemary and blanch of nettle can also help in the reduction of acne.
- Lemon juice dabbed on pimples is also an effective cure. The acidic flavor of this perennial kitchen citrus can help
lessen the appearance of zits and decrease inflammation. Or you can mix it with warm water and use as a facial wash. However you might choose to make use of lemon, don’t go out in the sun after you’ve applied the concoction since it could react badly to sunlight.
- Ground bay leaves that are blanched in water and are cooled afterward can also be applied on the skin with acne.
- Tea tree with olive oil can be used as an acne cure by soaking a cotton ball with the mixture and dabbing it on the affected areas. Olive oil can also be applied to the skin before bathing to save yourself the trouble of purchasing expensive bath oils from skin shops. The combination is good with pimples and is also effective in softening the skin.
- Lavender compresses can be used to relieve the inflammation of acne.
- You can blend the following fruit and vegetable: Peeled apple, half serving of cucumber, 1 tablespoon of yogurt and honey. The end-product can be applied on the skin for about 20 minutes before rinsing off with lukewarm water. This will reduce acne scars.
- Paste from the mixture of powdered and roasted pomegranate and fresh lemon juice can be applied over blackheads, pimples, and acne.
- Soak a cotton with honey and dab it on your zits and you will have an instant acne cure. One spoonful of honey taken after dinner is also said to be effective in cleansing the inside of the body and acts as a vitamin supplement.
- Paste formed from water and fresh leaves of fenugreek can be applied overnight and rinsed off the next morning with lukewarm water.
- Take out the pulp of half banana and mash it well, with your hand. In a small bowl, mix the mashed banana pulp with one tablespoon of honey. Mix it well. Now, add sour cream to the mixture and blend it thoroughly, to form a paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it until it is completely dry. Wash off with water, thoroughly.
Remedies for acne that can be done at home are really easy to come up with. But to achieve best results, the appropriate supplementation of vitamins and minerals should be done as well.