The Best Natural Treatment for Hormonal Acne
Acne can be caused by hormonal disorder. Hormonal acne can commonly happen to the elder people since the hormones have responsibility for oil glands maturation in the skin. Hormonal acne can be precipitated by androgens, hormones which are available in men and women. In some cases, these hormones can create oil surplus causing clogging hair follicles allowing the bacteria to grow. Thus, it can cause acne pimples as well as blemishes. For this case, hormonal acne treatment can be the right action to take.
Women in their 20s and 30s in particular, can benefit from hormonal acne treatment. Acne is caused by having an excess of hormones known as androgens in the body. The androgens activate the production of oil, which eventually clogs the skin pores, and encourages the growth of pimples in an abnormal number thus causing the unsightly skin condition known as acne.
There are several factors that cause acne, both in teens and adults. Acne can be caused by a poor diet, lack of vitamins, stress or a combination of those things.
Hormonal Acne Causes
When excess sebum, skin cells and bacteria clog skin pores, acne is the result. This process is associated with the fluctuating hormones that occur in puberty in adult women, acne can flare right before menstruation and during pregnancy and menopause. Another hormone, androgen, is produced by stress; this can stimulate sebaceous glands and trigger acne flares as well.
Skin Care Physicians notes that stopping oral contraceptives can cause hormonal changes that trigger acne, and adds that while birth control pills with both estrogen and progestins can be beneficial for acne, pills that contain only progestins may aggravate it. According to The Hormone Help Center, if your hormonal acne doesn’t respond to conventional acne treatments, you may need to see an endocrinologist.
Natural Treatment for Hormone Acne
- Eat hormone-regulating foods such as alfalfa, flaxseed, oats, celery, parsley, rhubarb, fennel, and evening primrose oil.
- Eating lots of fibre-rich foods such as fruits, vegetables, wholegrain breads and cereals are a good start. The fibres in apples and psyllium husks act likes a sponge by cleaning the walls of the colon. They also absorb toxins and other junk and help push waste through the colon.
- Almond oil: Almond oil is another natural ingredient that contains antioxidants and is used to cure hormonal acne, Almond oil helps soothe the skin and give it a smooth and natural glow.
- Basil leaves: You can rub the basil leaves on the affected area and rinse with water. Basil leaves can also be eaten as a cure for hormonal acne.
- Tea tree oil. Also known as melaleuca oil is an essential oil that is used as a spot treatment on blemishes. It is a drying agent.
- Drink Water! Water is so important to not only your overall wellness, but to the youthfulness of your skin. Water perpetuates the production of collagen which protects skin’s elasticity.
- Lemon juice: lemon is known to be an effective anti oxidant, you can apply freshly squeezed lemon juice mixed with rosewater on the affected area and leave it for 30 minutes and then wash with water.
- Zinc foods. If you like that soft, supple skin look, try eating wheat germ, liver, oysters, pumpkin seeds, and sardines to help repair skin.
Following these simple tips will help you keep acne at bay or prevent it from reoccurring. Even if you do have hormonal acne, it’s nothing to worry about, use these simple home remedies for hormonal acne to cure the problem.