Exercise Room Decorating Ideas – Make Room For Fitness
Whether your home gym is a necessity or a luxury, it should be a place in your home that makes you feel invigorated and alive. Your home gym should be inviting and make your workouts less of a chore. Now, part of this is your attitude about working out and your dedication, but your decorating scheme can actually help you stay focused and make workouts more enjoyable.
Decorating an exercise room, like all decorating projects, requires some forethought and research. A decorating book is a good starting place as it will help you stay focused and on task. Look at the space you’ve allocated as your home gym and figure out what sort of equipment will fit, take measurements and bring this information to a personal trainer or fitness expert who can help you find the right products for your health needs, concerns and goals. If you’ve already got the equipment, you’re a step closer to the finish line.
Decorating your home gym may require some thought and imagination. If you’re not interested in using your fitness room or it is not one of your favorite rooms in the house, you should find ways to improve the space may not really interest you, at least not as much as decorating your kitchen would. And if you’re having trouble coming up with ideas for decorating your
fitness room, you may flip through a few home decorating catalogues or seek for advice.
Tips and Ideas for Fitness Room Decor:
- A picture speaks a thousand words. Put up a few motivating pictures on the walls, like that of a person with a hot bod. It will help you in tiding over those days when you are not at all in the mood for exercising.
- Exercising in a completely silent room can be boring and tire you out soon. Put up a music system in your home gym, along with some CDs with fast tracks. I would advise you against TV, as it is more likely to distract you than motivate you.
- Go green. Keeping 2-3 live plants in your home gym will not only give it a fresh look, but also help clean and purify the air. In short, you will get aesthetic as well as health benefits.
- Make sure to put up the right type of lighting, at the right place, in your exercise room. Adjust it in such a way that it flatters your figure/physique. If you look good in the mirror, you will be motivated to work out more.
- Rubber mats and cushioned mats are one of the basic items in a gym, especially for doing yoga or floor-based exercises. Be a little creative and get mats of different colors and textures, which contrast with the color of the walls and ceiling.
- The exercise room should look inviting. Putting bright colored wallpaper or painting the walls in a bright color will go a long way towards building up your mood. Pastel shades like cream, beige, etc will make the place look dull and boring and in turn, dampen your spirits.
- While buying machines and other items for your gym, take the size of the exercise room into consideration. Buy only those equipments that you plan to use and please do not overfill the room. It will not only be an eyesore, but also make it hard for you to move around.
- You are bound to get thirsty while exercising. Instead of carrying a bottle around with you everywhere, why don’t you keep a mini fridge stocked with water and your favorite juice, sports drinks, etc.
- Last, but not the least. Decorate the gym in the way you would decorate any other room in your home. Put up things that would make you want to come here. You can place a fish tank, your own pictures or any other item there, as long as it makes you feel welcome.