The 8 Natural Diet Tips for Acne Prevention
Are you looking for acne prevention diet? What you eat greatly affects the condition of your skin. And this relation is much more complicated that avoiding oily foods. Discover what foods can truly help you cure acne and what products you shouldn’t eat because they can actually make your acne worse.
Usually, acne is more prevalent at the onset of puberty, when the body begins to produce hormones. Sometimes, the acne problem is also seen in pregnant women and people of other age groups. A healthy dietary intake, with inclusion of certain foods can be very effective in curing your acne and preventing its growth. Read the article to find some excellent diet tips to cure your acne.
Diet Tips To Cure Your Acne
- Vitamin A plays a huge role in determining the condition of your skin. Thus, dietary intake of vitamin A is compulsory for those who are suffering from any sort of skin issues, especially acne. Fish oils (especially cod liver oil), dairy products, carrots, mango, and vegetables that have retinol must be a part of your daily diet. Yams, apricots, cantaloupes and green leafy vegetables are rich sources of vitamin A. Include vitamin A in one of your meals everyday to see a substantial effect in a month’s time.
- While milk contains many healthy nutrients and its consumption is recommended to growing children, teenagers with acne problem should strictly limit their intake of the same. Quite surprisingly, it is not the fat content in milk that is responsible for the breakout of acne. Rather, there are certain hormones present in milk that can aggravate the acne problem. However, this doesn’t imply that you should stop drinking milk altogether. You just have to cut down on your intake and bring it to safer levels. In other words, make sure that you don’t drink more than one glass of milk in a day.
- Retinoic acid, a naturally occurring, acidic form of vitamin A, is a treatment shared by nutritionally oriented and “mainstream” health care professionals. Although helpful against mild to moderate acne, for some people it causes too much reddening and irritation.
- An effective acne free diet always consists of water, and lots of it! Drinking between 6-8 glasses per day can help clean the body of harmful toxins that would otherwise make their way on to your skin. They need a way to be released, and drinking plenty of water will help clean your body from the inside out. It is natural, pure, and easily attainable. Drink up for better and clearer skin!
- Azaleic acid is a naturally occurring compound available in most natural food stores which helps some people with acne. Some individuals are considerably helped, and some have very little help from it. As its relatively inexpensive, it’s at least worth a try.
- The more different colored fruits you have in your home the better your skin will look – if you eat them, of course! Stock up on oranges, bananas, strawberries, apples, cherries and whatever other fruits that you love to indulge in. Strawberries naturally contain alpha-hydroxy acid which helps to get rid of dead skin cells. Cherries are rich in Vitamin A, and can help you sleep at night. Eat a handful before bed so that your skin can heal itself while you get a good night’s sleep. Maintaining a diet rich in fruits can purify the body, resulting in optimal health and beautiful skin.
- Eat more fish. Not only it is generally good for your health, but Omega 3 fats found in fish are essential for healthy skin and acne prevention. Best sources of Omega 3 are salmon, cod and tuna. Alternatively, you can take fish fat as a supplement.
- A clear skin diet cannot be complete without green vegetables. Spinach is considered to be a super food because it contains so many vitamins, including vitamin K, to help heal the skin and fight off acne. Spinach also helps prevent cancer and heart disease. Broccoli is another vegetable that is a must in order to combat acne.
Getting the right diet is important while treating acne. Deficiency of any vitamin or mineral will aggravate the problem further. For acne prevention through diet, one needs to increase water intake too. Water flushes out the toxins and over a period of time makes your skin look radiant and youthful.