10 Best Simple Hair Care Tips for Kids
Since our cosmetics are full of parabens and different other preservatives, which are not good for our health and especially health of our beautiful kids. As a parent, you may wonder which products to use and whether to go for the latest fad products marketed for kids. Experimenting will help you to arrive at the best haircare routine for your child.
Basic hair care for kids includes regular shampooing, daily grooming and frequent cuts. Learning proper hair care techniques in childhood can lay the groundwork for maintaining healthy hair throughout life. Hair care is similar for girls and boys, with the typical difference in hair length.
The Best Hair Care Tips for Kids
So care for the kid’s hair needs to be very strict. Take a look at the kids hair care tips.
- Wash the kid’s hair 3-4 times in a week. If the kid has short hair, it is best to wash the hair with water regularly. Kids are always near dirt and pollution which can affect the scalp. So, wash 3-4 times in a week and water everyday if possible.
- Both natural sunlight and artificial ultraviolet light break down chemicals in the hair and damage its elasticity in the same way that bleaching does, though to a much lesser degree. A stylist must always examine the elasticity of a client’s hair before deciding on any chemical procedure.
- An oil massage, preferably with almond or olive oil nourishes the hair and ensures growth.
- Use a no-tears shampoo to wash kid’s hair. They are free from chemicals and doesn’t burn the eyes too.
- Apply hair conditioner if the kid has long hair. This helps comb easily and untangle the hair without pain.
- Use a mild shampoo to clean off the dirt. Use a good and proven brand of shampoo available in the market for children.
- Regular haircuts can be one of the best ways to help keep your child’s hair healthy. Even if she has long locks or is determined to grow her hair out, a trim every six to eight weeks can help guard against split ends.
- It is best to tie the kid’s hair to prevent hair loss. This is one of the most effective hair care tips for kids.
- Avoid the use of hair pins and rubber bands as these could damage the hair shaft completely.
- Kids love to put accessories on their hair. Use cute kids accessories such as clips and colourful hair bands for girls to make them look more cute.
Please keep in mind that these techniques are just suggestions and if you think there is a deeper issue, you should consult your pediatrician. A therapist may be very helpful in teaching techniques to use with kids experiencing sensory issues.