How To Make Homemade Hair Conditioner
Hair conditioners can help protect your hair by replacing natural oils that are lost while shampooing. There are many natural products that can give your hair body and shine, detangle it, and help protect it from damage. Have you ever made your own deep hair conditioner? It’s seriously easy, and your hair looks amazing when you’re all done.
The Best Recipes To Make Homemade Hair Conditioner
1. Avocado Deep Conditioner:
- 1/2 mashed ripe avocado, 1/2 tsp olive oil and 3 drops lavender or rosemary essential oil.
- Combine ingredients and apply to hair, focusing on the ends. Leave on for at least 10 minutes, then rinse.
2. Gin Conditioner:
- This requires 2 tablespoons of Gin and two egg yolks. Beat the egg yolks till frothy, add gin and again beat it. The mixture becomes foamy.
- Apply to the hair. Wait for 5 minutes, and then rinse it off. Do not use hot water, the egg might stick to your hair. Use lukewarm water.
3. Honey and Banana Conditioner:
- Mash a banana together with a half cup of honey. Apply the mixture to damp hair.
- Allow it to sit for about half an hour, then rinse your hair thoroughly.
4. Tropical Dandruff Conditioner:
- 3 tbsp pure lime juice and ¼ cup coconut oil
- Simply mix the two ingredients and massage into your scalp.Wait about 1 hour and then shampoo your hair with a gentle shampoo.
- While waiting for this treatment to work its magic, treat yourself to some tropical fruit, or maybe even splurge on a margarita or a pina colada for the ultimate tropical spa in your own home!
5. Oil Hair-Conditioning:
- Small amount of jojoba, olive, or coconut oil, Herb mixture of choice (optional) and Essential oils of choice (optional).
- Warm the oil to 100-105 degrees in a double boiler. If using, add herbs and essential oils.
- Dampen hair. For long or thick hair, use 1-2 teaspoons of the oil mixture, and for fine or short hair, use 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture. Massage oil into the scalp and work through the strands, covering all hair completely.
- Cover hair with a shower cap or plastic bag and if possible sit in the sun or by the woodstove. Heat facilitates the process. Leave the oil in for an hour or two, and then, shampoo and rinse.
6. Lemon and Yogurt Conditioner:
- Mix together 1/4 cup plain yogurt, an egg yolk, and two pinches of minced lemon rinds. Massage the conditioner into your hair, rinse it out, and then shampoo.
7. Green Tea Conditioner:
- Steep 2 bags of green tea in 2 cups of boiling water. After the tea has cooled, remove the tea bags. Pour the green tea through your hair.
- Let it sit for 3 minutes before rinsing with cool water. Expect your hair to have a faint green tea scent.
Have fun with it, and let me know if you try it. The day after I conditioned my hair with this, I had a perfect stranger come up to me and ask what I used on my hair to make it so shiny. Seriously, it’s that good.