Effective Daily Care for Black Hair
Black is beautiful, as they say. Just so, when it is beautiful, you need to take care of that beautiful asset. Caring for natural black hair the right way will pay off with healthy curls and coils. Natural black hair is typically dry and it’s essential to keep the hair and scalp moist. It is difficult to maintain this natural black hair; hence it requires a lot of care and nourishment. Also, over time, the hair will start to lose its vibrancy. There are a few steps that you can take to help with that problem.
Daily Black Hair Care Tips
- Applying oil to the scalp is very important since it retains the moisture. Castor oil significantly shows its result by softening the hair, and increasing the growth of the natural black hair.
- Shampoo and apply a leave-in conditioner to hair. Use your hands and work conditioner into hair.
- If you engage in daily activities that causes you to sweat, it is recommended that you rinse your hair out with water and only use shampoo on occasion. If you feel the need to use a mild shampoo, go ahead and do so.
- Detangle hair when it’s wet and saturated with conditioner. Use a wide-tooth comb for detangling. Begin at the bottom of the hair and work your way toward the roots until all tangles are combed out.
- Eat a healthy diet. Foods such as potatoes, fruits and vegetables can strengthen the hair and promote hair growth.
- If a person is suffering from dandruff one should use anti-dandruff shampoos. There is a wide range for natural hair care products available.
- Don’t rub your hair dry with a towel, instead blot the water out of your hair. Rubbing will cause your hair to tangle and you’ll risk breakage.
- An alternative to the silk pillowcase is to wear a silk or satin scarf over your hair before your sleep to prevent breakage.