10 Best Natural Home Remedies for Dark Skin
If you come from a family of dark skinned people, it is but natural that you will have dark skin too. Excessive exposure to the sun, resulting in hyper pigmentation is another reason for dark skin. The dust and pollution in the air could also darken your skin, making you dark skinned. If you have dark skin in patches, or dark skin that has appeared suddenly, then you should visit a doctor.
The doctor will be able to guide you about the exact reasons for your dark skin. The most common symptoms of dark skin are that the skin color turns to brownish to blackish. The effect magnifies if it is also accompanied with blemishes or dark patches on the skin. Dark skins can be cured naturally using some easy measures. Know more how to treat dark skin naturally.
The Best Home Remedies for Dark Skin Care
Home remedies are many to make your dark skin glow. These remedies can change your dark skin tone to give it a lighter complexion. The only condition is that you should do them regularly and include them in your daily routine to get the best results.
- You can also try by applying a mixture of oatmeal, curd and tomato juice on your face and allow it there for 20 minutes. You have to however wash it off with cold water only. This can remove the tan of your skin and make it shine.
- Take raw potato, slice it and place the slices on your face. Blemishes and other marks on your face will fade off with this treatment.
- A paste of mint leaves alone can treat your dark skin. However, grind only fresh leaves and leave this paste on your skin for 20 minutes. Use cold water for washing off. You have to follow this for 15 days.
- Take a little turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the darkened area. This would help to reduce tan effectively.
- Dry some orange peels. Then, mix them to a bowl of curd. This would be beneficial in removing tan. Keep this for about 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Have some almonds soaked in water in night. In the morning make a paste of these almonds with milk. Apply this paste on your skin and go for sleep. You can wash off the paste with cold water in the morning. You should repeat this procedure for a fortnight. After this you can have it twice a week.
- Take 1 tsp of milk powder with 1 tsp of honey and same of lemon juice. Add ½ tsp of almond oil. This mixture is to be applied on face and washed off after 10-15 minutes. You can also apply this pack to other body parts where you have dark skin. This brings shine to the skin and removes the tan. This is one of the useful home remedies for dark skin.
- One tbsp of gram flour can be mixed with 2 tsp of cow’s milk. About 2-3 drops of lime juice can be added. This gives glory to the skin. This mixture is to be applied on dark skin and left for 15 minutes before washing off. The course for this is up to a month. It is a commonly used natural remedy for dark skin.
- Grate a tomato and add 2-3 drops of lime to it. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for 15 minutes. Repeat this two times a day for better results.
- It is advisable to increase in the intake of water. The more water you have the more toxins flush out from the body and hence have better glowing skin. As per the diet, include whole cereals, vegetables, fruits, pulses etc into your diet.
Don’t over makeup yourself. Try to include the cosmetic items made up of herbs rather than harmful chemicals. Avoid all the skin application if they irritate you. If even waxing can irritate your skin. If you find any of them which doesn’t suite you, kindly avoid any of the techniques.