Acne Treatment With Baking Soda
Using baking soda acne to treat skin blemishes is a practice you may or may not have heard of, but among those who have tried it, most have been satisfied with its ability to get rid of acne.
Baking soda can help eliminate acne scars, as well as improve other skin problems, like wrinkling and redness. It contains sodium bicarbonate, a pH neutral and non-toxic chemical that has many health and beauty applications. People have used it to exfoliate, brush their teeth, wash their hair, and soothe a bee sting.
For getting rid of acne, people rely on a number of natural acne cures. Application of baking soda acne paste is one of such, quite popular and effective home remedies. Below is the step wise procedure of using baking soda for acne treatment, followed by the advantages as well as disadvantages of the same.
What is in Baking Soda That Might Help Acne?
Baking soda is a natural substance called sodium bicarbonate. Many products that we clean with actually have baking soda in them because they remove the debris off the item being cleaned. Baking soda is a physical exfoliate meaning it just removes things it is not a cleanser. Baking soda is natural so it will not kill bacteria. So, if you will the baking soda acne treatment removes the dead skin cells off the skin, preparing the skin for further treatment.
Baking Soda and Acne Treatment:
In order to get rid of acne with baking soda, you need to form a paste of baking soda and water. Acne, be it on the face, back, chest or any other body part, can be cured with the regular application of this baking soda acne paste. Here is the step wise procedure to apply baking soda for acne.
- Take a mild face wash, preferably herbal, and wash your face with it to remove the dirt, oil, make up, etc. on the face.
- Do not towel dry your face. To clear acne with baking soda, wet skin is more desirable as it will much more easily and readily absorb the mixture that you will prepare in the next step.
- Start preparing the baking soda acne paste. To do this, simply remember the ratio 2:1 for water: baking soda, i.e. in two teaspoons of water mix one teaspoon of baking soda. Remember that the baking soda acne paste should neither be too thick, nor it should be too diluted.
- Next, apply the baking soda acne paste on your damp face evenly. Post its application, massage your face with it in small, circular motions for about half a minute.
- Leave the baking soda acne paste on face for about fifteen minutes after massaging and then wash off with cold water.
Baking Soda Acne Treatment for Scars:
Using baking soda for acne causes acne scars to fade by exfoliating the affected area and effectively removing the topmost layer of skin. This process reveals new, non-scarred areas lying underneath. Removing dead skin and unclogging pores leaves your skin softer and more vibrant. It also helps dry up the oil on your skin without alcohol or other harsh ingredients. The fact that it is fragrance-free is an added benefit if you’re sensitive to perfumes and other scents commonly used in cosmetics.
Keep in mind that while baking soda acne will help remove scars and redness, it may not prevent new blackheads and whiteheads from forming. But for a great natural and inexpensive treatment, baking soda acne can’t be beat.