Top 10 Acne Care with Fresh Home Remedies
Acne is a skin condition in which red, inflamed pimples and non-inflamed pimples appear on the skin. Acne is medically known as Acne Vulgaris and it is one of the skin diseases that involve the oil glands at the base of hair follicles. It is not dangerous but it may leave some skin scars.
For some of us, the fight against acne is a never ending battle. While if you suffer from an acute acne problem, it’s best that you visit a dermatologist, you can bid adieu to a pimple here and there by following these simple home remedies. I have compiled a list of the most common acne home remedies found all over the world.
The Most Useful Home Remedies for Acne
- Use 1-2 tsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice and 1 clove of garlic. Cut the clove in half, gently rub your face with it and let it dry for a few seconds. Follow that up with the lemon juice. Leave it on for about 15 minutes. Your face may get itchy so try not to scratch it. Lastly, wash your face and wipe gently.
- You must wash your face twice in a day with warm salty water. This will leave your face oil free and prevent from acne.
- Take turmeric powder and neem leaves. Apply the mixture on your pimples. Leave it on your face for about half an hour.
- Toothpaste is one of the most common acne home remedies. Simply apply toothpaste to your acne and pimples at night before bed. During the night the toothpaste will harden. Wash off the toothpaste with warm water the next morning.
- Mix 1 tsp fresh coriander powder with a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply on pimples and black heads. Keep overnight and wash off gently the next morning.
- Olive oil alone is great for curing acne and acne scars and it also makes your skin smooth. Combining olive oil and brown sugar together makes it even better.
- Mix a tablespoon each of fresh lime juice and groundnut oil and apply it on your face to avoid blackheads.
- Apply fresh mint juice on the face every night and it will prevent from skin problems like pimples, insect stings and other skin infections.
- Take cinnamon powder and mix it together with honey until it is a tacky paste. Apply this at night before bed and wash it off with warm water in the morning.
- For dry skin rub a piece of sandalwood on a smooth stone with a few drops of raw milk. Apply the paste procured on affected areas. Keep on for 1 hour. Gently wash.
Do you have an acne home remedy not mentioned here? Contact me and I will add it to the list. Using these doesn’t guarantee that your acne will disappear right away but give it some time and you’ll see. What are some of the home remedies to fight acne you use?