Looking to lose a couple pounds? Most of us are. Many people do not consider themselves over weight, but would prefer to lose 5 to 10 pounds fast and easily. If you honestly only have a couple as in two pounds to lose, increase your water intake and skip dessert for a week, and you’ll likely be down to your goal weight in no time. So, if you’re looking to drop a couple pounds before the big event, try these tips.
How To Lose A Couple Pounds Quickly
- Go all out: If you want to lose weight quickly, you gotta go all out in terms of doing these 3 things at the same time: eating cleanly, doing resistance training, and performing cardio workouts.
- Drinking hot herbal tea throughout the day keeps you full without adding lots of calories. In the winter months, you’re always craving comfort food to keep you warm, and tea satiates that craving.
- Make exercise part of your lifestyle. Choose activities you enjoy and can stick with. A walking program, for example, gets you outdoors, allows you to unwind and helps to tone your entire body.
- A quick weight loss can result from increasing your workout activity. The best approach if you want to lose weight fast is to do short but intense workouts that burn calories and fat.
- Choose healthy meats. Lean meats are a good source of protein. Purchase lean cuts and low-fat alternatives, such as fish and turkey, to help reduce body fat.
- Keep metabolism running. Don’t skip meals, and eat five to six small snacks or meals a day to boost your metabolism, which is the rate that your body burns fat and calories.
- Eat plenty of protein. Increase the amount of meat, fish, chicken, hard cheeses and nuts that you eat; the very low amount of carbohydrates in your body will stimulate the break-down of fat. Your body uses up more calories while breaking down protein compared to breaking down carbohydrates.
- Another tip for quick weight loss is to drink lots of water and only water. Juice, milk, and sodas all contain calories, so replacing them with water will cut down on the number of calories you´re consuming, without losing any nutrition.
- Maintain a healthy diet with plenty of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains and a moderate amount of healthy fats, such as olive oil. Whole foods with fiber help you to feel more satisfied.
- Eliminate all traditional sources of carbohydrates. Do no eat any pasta, bread of any kind, cookies, cakes, ice cream, soda, donuts, bagels, morning cereal, oatmeal, rice, French fries, pizza, candies, etc.
You should consult with your doctor before making any drastic changes to your diet or starting an exercise program. Have you found any safe and effective ways to lose a couple pounds fast?