Egg Yolk Hair Treatment: Natural Hair Care Recipes
Scores of people across the globe are diverting their attention to natural hair care remedies due to the damage which the chemicals in shampoos and other hair care products are doing to the hair. Moreover, if you can get your hair treatment done without having to shell out all that money, what’s better!
Egg yolk, the yellow part of an egg, not only makes a nutritious diet, but also happens to be an ancient hair care remedy. Eggs are rich in vitamins A, E and D, which are essential nutrients for prevention of hair loss, improving hair health, texture and sheen. They also protect the hair from the effects of pollution, chlorine and UV rays. Let’s find out more about egg yolk hair treatment.
Is Egg Yolk Good for Hair
There are several benefits of applying egg on hair. Lack of vitamins, heredity, lack of nutrition to the scalp, etc. can result in hair loss. The hair becomes thin and falls, conducing to baldness. As we saw egg yolk is a wonderful source of protein and furnishes the scalp with required nourishment, thereby leading to growth of healthier and shinier hair.
It acts as a natural moisturizer to dry and damaged hair. Moreover, the essential fatty acids and vitamins present in egg yolk give it a great conditioning effect on dry and damaged hair. The fatty acids also prevent dandruff invasion and gives shine to the hair. Egg yolk application softens the hair, makes it more manageable and reduces the occurrence of frizz.
Separating Egg Yolk
While considering egg yolk for hair treatment, we need to separate the egg yolk from the egg white. For this, you need to take a glass bowl and tap the center of the egg fairly hard on the edge of the bowl. The egg will crack in the middle. Now without breaking the egg open, gently turn the egg vertically in your hand.
The egg yolk being heavier will sink to the bottom. Now gradually break open the upper portion of the egg and allow the egg white to ooze out into the bowl. Once all the egg white from the upper egg shell cap has been emptied, slowly transfer the egg yolk from the bottom shell to the upper shell. Do this for a few times till all the egg white gets separated from the yolk. Your egg yolk is ready to be used for hair treatment.
Egg Yolk Hair Treatment
- For strong and beautiful hair you can mix 2 egg yolks (depending on length of your hair) with 2 tsp. castor oil. Massage this mixture on your hair. Keep it for sometime then rinse it thoroughly.
- Whip up two raw eggs. Pour this mixture on your hair by massaging. Let it dry. Shampoo your hair and then give vinegar and water rinse. Follow this procedure every month for soft and smooth hair.
- Beat egg yolk thoroughly to make a frothy solution. Add 1 tsp baby oil and beat again to make a proper mixture. Add water to this mixture and apply it all over your scalp. Once dry, rinse well to get a proper conditioned treatment.
- Mix egg yolk in 1/4 cup of yogurt with a little lime skin. Mix the ingredients thoroughly and apply it to every single strand of hair. After applying keep it for 10 minutes and then wash it off. The combination of yogurt and egg is very good for your hair.
- Mix a whole egg to lemon juice. Whisk it properly. Once applied on your hair keep it for sometime. Rinse it thoroughly. This combination gives a shine to your dull hair.
- Beat egg yolk to make a frothy paste. Add 1/2 tsp. olive oil and beat the mixture again. Slowly and steadily add 3/4 cup of luke warm water. After shampooing, massage this conditioner and leave it for few minutes. Rinse it later.
- It is a good hair treatment for people who are in water most of the times like swimmers, surfers etc. Mix egg, olive oil and peeled cucumber to make a good mixture. Spread it evenly on your hair and keep it for 10 minutes. Rinse it thoroughly.
- Mix together 1 tbsp. honey, 1 egg yolk, 1/2 tsp. almond oil and 1 tbsp. yogurt. Make a frothy paste and apply it on your hair. Rinse it in 1/2 hours time. This will smooth your hair and moisturize it evenly.
The best part about egg yolk hair treatments is that there is nothing to be worried about. Egg yolk is safe, suits all kinds of hair types and has no side effects whatsoever! The only drawback of egg yolk for hair treatment is the egg odor. Egg doesn’t have a pleasing fragrance and causes the whole house to smell of egg on application. However, the benefits of egg yolk treatment overshadow this drawback!