Acne Scars Symptoms and Treatment: Home Remedies For Acne Scars
Acne is caused by the hormones androgens, that over stimulate the sebaceous glands. This clogs the sebaceous glands and the bacteria to cause acne or it may be caused by bacteria named Propionibacterium. Acne can be the result of many other factors too likes – poor hygiene, heredity, stress, use of too much cosmetics and for eating junk and fast foods.
The scars are formed after the acne dries. The home remedies for acne scars are the most effective treatment for scar removal. The treatment involves improvement of personal hygiene; change in diet and using the home remedies properly and regularly to get good results.
The way of acne scars treatment you choose depends on the particular size and shape of the scars that you have. For example, if you have ice pick scars then you would not want to use the same type of medical acne scar treatment as you would for boxed or rolling scars.
The only exception to this would be the use a topical treatment for the scarring, such as a skin cream. This is usually the only remedy of acne scars treatment at home. Effective use of skin cream is typically fine for any variety of acne scarring.
Symptoms of Acne Scars
The symptoms of acne scars are not hard to spot, and that is the main problem that people have with them. Most of the time, if you have acne scars, they will be in the same location that you had an acne breakout. The way that you go about treating your acne will usually define how many acne scars you get.
After finding out if you have acne scars, then you will have to find out which kind you have. There are two main types of acne scars, the temporary ones and the permanent ones. The temporary scars are actually not real scars, and thus, do not count. These are just temporary red marks that are left on your face that are haling up.
Most of the time, they will go away in about six to ten months. The permanent ones are the bad ones. These are the ones that you get from your skin trying to heal itself with new skins. However, the skin grows inward to fill in the depression left by the acne, and it accuses a permeate scare.
Home Remedies For Acne Scars
- Sandalwood and rose water paste is among the age-old home remedies for acne scars. Make a thick paste of sandalwood and rose water and apply it on the scar, wash it after 1 hour. Sandalwood has a cooling effect and with rose water, it helps in reducing the scars. Lime juice helps in the removal of scar by removing the dead cells and helps in new cell development. Just dip a cotton ball in lime juice and apply it on the effected region. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash. Do not apply if the acne has not healed. Rub ice cubes on your face to tighten your pores.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera acts as a healing agent, that gives relief from acne scars. You can apply aloe vera gel directly on the skin. This is the most beneficial remedy for acne scars and marks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar acts as a good skin toner which aids in clearing the marks and scars associated with acne.
- Turmeric: This has been used as a home treatment for many skin ailments since thousands of years. Make a thick paste with turmeric powder and water and apply it on the acne scars and let it stay for a few minutes and rinse with water.
- Extract the juice from lemon and mix it with rose water. Dab it all over your face and allow it to stay on for thirty minutes before washing it off. Doing this regularly will eventually remove the acne and that naturally too.
- As for the home remedies for acne scars, one of the most surprising one is your everyday toothpaste. Applying the paste on the affected area like a pimple will see it fading away within 24 hours.
- Vinegar and salt mixed together is also known to be an acne scar remover. Spread them over the affected area as you would if you were using a cream. Remove from the face after about ten to twenty minutes.
- Tomatoes have antioxidant properties that help in reducing sebum production and in repairing scarred and damaged skin. You can apply thin tomato slices on your face and wash it after 15 minutes. One of the other effective home remedies for acne scars is to make a paste of tomato and cucumber and apply it on your face evenly, wash it after 15-20 minutes. Cucumber is well known for its cooling properties. Aloe vera gel can be applied on the scars. But it is best to apply natural aloe vera directly rather than the products available in the market.
- Egg whites: You can easily get egg whites and can be used to treat acne scars effectively. Dip a cotton ball in egg white and apply it on the scars. Let it stay on your skin overnight and wash it off in the morning with warm water.
- Olive oil: Usage of olive oil for cooking makes the food appetizing and lightens the acne scars as well. You massage olive oil on the skin gently as it smooths your skin and also aids in lightening acne scars.
- Applying honey as a face mask is very helpful in reducing acne scars. Eat honey as it hydrates your skin. It is a natural moisturizer that helps in removing acne scars. Apply a mixture of honey and pearl powder once a week to remove the scars. Olive oil is among the effective home remedies for acne scars. Just apply it on the effected area at night and wash it in the morning with a face wash, it is a good moisturizer. Apply vitamin E oil 3-4 times a day to improve your skin’s condition. Dilute apple cider vinegar in water and apply it on the scars, it helps in curing allergies too. Make a paste of sandalwood, azadirachta indica leaves, turmeric and rose water and apply it on your skin to reduce scars.
- Another vegetable you can use is garlic. Apply it on the affected areas and doing this repeatedly will remove the pimples completely, the only thing is that you have to take this remedy with the smell that comes with it.
- Make an orange paste with the skin alone. This can be done by blending it with a bit of water and then apply it to affected place.
Treatment For Acne Scars
The good news for people who want to get rid of their acne scars, or at least reduce the appearance of them, is that there are tons of treatments out there for you. Before you have any acne scars, be sure to use fading products. These will help your acne to heal itself the right away, preventing acne scars from forming in the first place. If it’s to late for that, then you might want to think about using dermal fillers. This allows you to fill your scars with a dermal filler so that you can not see the scars out in public.
This is not a permanent fix, but it will keep you looking good until another treatment option opens up for you. Next, you may want to try a chemical peel. This is a way of actually shaving off the first few layers of your skin. When you do this, the scars actually start to disappear. This is one of the best ways to get rid of acne scars, but it is not recommended for deep scars. Last, but not least, you can use microdermabrasion. This is the best way to go about treating severe acne.